Behringer S32 32-Channel Digital Snake
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live- entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box bridges the gap between the onstage talent, Front of House (FOH) console and the rest of the world with its ultra-fast and rock-solid performance!
The S32 provides 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 328 ft. / 100 m). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible – Behringer’s superb scale of production makes the S32 so very affordable.
Behringer S32 32-Channel Digital Snake Features
S32 Ecosystem and Beyond
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S32 units—no merger or router required
- Connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System for In-Ear applications (not included)
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- ‘Planet Earth’ switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- ‘Built like a tank’ yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
The S32 was initially designed with Behringer’s flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mid, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap directly into the S32's powerful feature set. For instance, an S32 and X32 CORE can be used to create an amazing power-combo for remote-controlled digital mixing in only 4U. While the X32 CORE may be used to run an independent monitor mis, it can also relay and share all I/O with the FOH - whether you are using an X32 Series console, or any other digital mixer that supports MADI, DANTE, ADAT or AE550 I/O. ULTRANET – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK, MIDAS, TURBOSOUND and BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change your live and studio workflow forever – welcome to ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single Cat 5e cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems.
Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods, include: all audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled ease of deployment, performance and control for BEHRINGER P16 Personal Monitoring Systems and Turbosound iQ Speaker Series. Dual AES50 Ports for Massive Connectivity
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S32 its high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked hand-in-hand with BEHRINGER to ensure the S32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Extreme Value
As you can see, the S32 is an extremely versatile 32 x 16 digital stage box solution with remote- controllable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 connectivity and a wealth of other professional-grade features – all at a price anyone can afford! Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the S32 only takes up only three rack spaces and connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive Cat 5e cable, such as the KLARK TEKNIK NCAT5E-50M. Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems.