Peavey 6505 Guitar Amplifier Head
The Peavey 6505 Series guitar amplifiers were named in celebration of Peavey's first 40 years, 1965 to 2005. The 6505 is also the relaunch of the 5150 Series, the immensely popular amplifiers Peavey designed with Edward Van Halen.
6505 Series amps feature five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes, with presence and resonance controls and three-band EQ for taming their notorious tone.
While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability. The 6505 is still the unquestionable choice for an ever-expanding list of endorsers, including 3 Doors Down, Ted Nugent, Atreyu, Steve Morse, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Visqueen, God Forbid, HIMSA, Darkest Hour, Sworn Enemy, Unearth and many more.
Peavey 6505 Guitar Amp Head Features
- 120 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
- Five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- High and low gain inputs
- 2-channel preamp switchable on front panel or remote footswitch
- Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
- Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
- Channels share 3-band EQ
- Presence and resonance controls
- Switchable post-EQ effects loop
- Preamp output
- Footswitch included