Peavey 6505 Plus Guitar Amplifier Head
The Peavey 6505 Plus Guitar Amp Head features six 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes, with presence and resonance controls and three-band EQ for taming their notorious tone.
Peavey proudly introduces its 6505 Series guitar amplifiers, named in celebration of Peavey's first 40 years, 1965 to 2005. The 6505 is also the relaunch of the 5150 Series, the immensely popular amplifiers Peavey designed with Edward Van Halen.
While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability. The 6505 is still the unquestionable choice for an ever-expanding list of endorsers, including 3 Doors Down, Ted Nugent, Atreyu, Steve Morse, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Visqueen, God Forbid, HIMSA, Darkest Hour, Sworn Enemy, Unearth and many more.
Peavey 6505 Plus Guitar Amp Head Features
- Two distinct tube channels with footswitch control
- LED "active" indicators for each channel
- Bright switch for Rhythm channel
- Crunch switch on Rhythm channel with footswitch control
- Separate equalizer sections for each channel
- Separate power amp controls (Resonance and Presence) for each channel
- Separate preamp controls (Pre and Post Gain) for each channel
- Standby power switch
- Bias test points on rear panel
- Effects loop with footswitch control
- 1/4 inch Preamp output jack
- Speaker impedance selection switch (4, 8, 16 ohm)
- Two parallel 1/4" speaker output jacks
- 120 watts output power
- Metal three button footswitch with detachable 25-foot cable