TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 Vocal Effects Processor PedalVersion 1.5 Available Now!!
Building on the impressive VoiceLive, TC Helicon's VoiceLive 2 is easy to use with a completely redesigned user interface. The VoiceLive 2 has pushed the envelope of performance effects for vocalists yet again to offer singers smooth studio tone, rich harmonies and ear-catching effects.
Version 1.5 Offers an Added Digital Out Option and Wet Vox+Guitar where only effected
vocals and guitar are returned via USB/SPDIF. This allows for easier post processing
of pre-recorded dry vocals as well as bug fixes from previous versions.
The Version 1.5 update is available by download from TC Helicon's
Free VoiceSupport software available on their website.TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 Features
Exciting new vocal harmony capability
- Guitar input with auto-mix , Guitar FX as well as transparent pass-thru
- Stereo 1/8 inch (MP3 player ) input
- Stereo XLR, 1/4 inch and Headphone outputs
- MIDI in, out and thru and Expression pedal input
- USB for updates, back-up and audio streaming
- 205 factory presets and Memory for 400 presets
- 10 steps per preset with 10 footswitches
- Detailed editing and Wizard for choosing presets
- Dedicated effect block on/off
- Rhythmic effect series including:
- Rhythmic Sample which lets you create ‘delay-freeze’-style effects for freezing parts of your vocal performance, as in Fat Boy Slim’s Praise You.
- Rhythmic Stutter that allows patterns and waveforms to control the level of the voice to create tap tempo gating effects and more.
- Rhythmic Gender applies randomized gender patterns , pushing the HardTune effect in vivid new directions.
- Lead voice level control added per preset and global for precise balancing of preset levels
- Guitar phase reverse parameter helps minimize acoustic guitar feedback
- Guitar compressor attack added
- System parameter for momentary Harmony and Double effects activation.
- Added gender adjustment to Double voices
- ‘DUAL‘ output mode added which allows your sound tech to control wet vocal and wet guitar individually at the console.
- Last preset is now recalled over power cycles
- Added many new expression pedal parameters
- Reduced lead voice latency
- Improvements to Harmony Hold feature
- MIDI Sysex improvements for future editor
- Faster setting of Mic Gain pressing Reverb button once singing level is detected
- Preset Shortcut and Expression pedal control can now be assigned to Global per preset
- Dozens of other under-the-hood fixes and tweaks including 9dB digital output level increase
Now it’s easier than ever to lead your own vocal backup group and sound rich and authentically human at the same time. It starts with a guitar, MIDI keyboard or aux-input controlled vocal harmony algorithm with four intervals, each of which can be unison-doubled or 8 discrete voices controlled by your MIDI keyboard playing. And when you want to tap into your gospel soul, there’s the completely new Choir algorithm that creates the massive multi-voice group vocal sound to bring home those memorable choruses.More automatic features
When you’re worrying about parameter settings, you spend less time focusing on your music so we’ve automated several of VoiceLive 2’s features.
A vocal effects powerhouse
- Auto Mic Gain – now you can set the mic gain from a standing position just by singing. Once this is done there are no knobs to be jostled in transit and you can still do manual tweaks if you want to.
- Auto Gate – Feedback a problem? An all new Auto Gate listens to you and adjusts to reduce feedback and effects leak-through while you’re not singing.
- Adaptive Tone – A single push of the Tone button engages studio quality Shape EQ, compression and de-essing that adapts to the tonal range of your singing style and voice for increased impact and smoothed dynamics. Finally your live singing can have that studio polish.
- Reverb and Delay ducking – Increase the sustaining tail of your reverb and delay effects while carving out plenty of room for your lyrics with ducking. The level of the effects is reduced while you sing and then subtly increases after your last syllable for a paradoxical deeper ambience with enhanced intelligibility. Of course, this is all automatic – just select a ducking reverb or delay style, VoiceLive 2 does the rest.
OK we’ve put all our cards on the table here. Now that we have the processing power we’ve just put everything we have in VoiceLive 2. It’s all available simultaneously to take your voice, your performances and your music over the top. In addition to vocal harmony, you can construct or select preset effect chains containing effects to:
- Distort your voice – Grunge is good. Make a statement with the Transducer block that also has 4 pole filters for great megaphone and telephone effects.
- Clone your voice – employ up to 4 voices of humanized unison overdubs in addition to the 8 harmony voices. This sound has been used since recording began to fatten vocals, now it’s your turn.
- Expand your space – A completely new reverb algorithm envelops your voice in dense ambiences from teeny live rooms to concert halls and bright plate simulations. Don’t forget the delay block can serve to add depth or become a highlight effect whether it’s using tap tempo or tape delay styles.
- Mod ya later – The full µMod block brings lush chorus, slick microtuning, swooshing flange and more to the party. Those half time bridge sections never sounded more psychedelic.
Having a large chain of effects won’t do as much good if you can’t add and remove links in the chain when the mood strikes. The individual stompbox footswitches for Harmony, Doubling, µMod, Reverb, Delay and FX give you the flexibility to layer or simplify at will. Also, there’s a Shortcut footswitch that be assigned to add other interesting features such as tap tempo, harmony vhold and others. There is no separation between Song mode and Preset mode as there was in the classic VoiceLive; each preset can have up to 50 steps each of which can contain a different preset or a simple modification of the main preset. Go ahead, get dirty and start creating now.More
Many new advancements including NaturalPlay harmonies with up to eight harmony voices controlled from a guitar, MIDI keyboard or MP3 player are now available to you the performer. Simultaneous stompbox-style or preset foot-switching allows vocalists to easily engage and layer the six effect blocks, which include a new, more lush reverb, tap tempo delay, natural doubling, T-Pain-like pitch shifting, distortion and megaphone effects.
The one-touch adaptive Tone algorithm automatically controls studio-quality compression, EQ and de-essing to produce the perfect vocal sound quickly and effortlessly. A unique digitally-controlled mic-preamp allows singers to set mic gain while standing. A widescreen LCD display and ergonomically designed extruded aluminum curve chassis keeps singers connected to their effects without strain or discomfort. Easier than ever
With a completely redesigned user interface, VoiceLive 2 is easy to use whether you’re looking for one preset or a creative sequence of sounds for every song.
- Wizard button helps you find the right preset
- Stompbox access to six effect blocks
- One button access to global Tone, Pitch and Guitar FX
- Easy editing of all parameters
- Simple preset chaining with Step feature
- USB for updates, back-ups and audio streaming